With a little help from George Clooney, the Nespresso brand communicates simplicity, warmth, and humour as well as the pleasure in owning a Nespresso machine.
The opportunity for the client service team in Lausanne was to make sure that coffee specialists worldwide knew how to communicate the essence of the brand when communicating with clients via social media, live chat and email.
It needed to define its digital tone of voice and deliver a series of training modules on how to communicate this in ways congruent with the expectations of the client and the company’s values.
The first step was to research how the brand communicates digitally and how different Client Relationship Centres (CRC) used tone of voice.
The design of training modules after the validation of our findings in relation to:
- The digital mindset and behaviour of the customer
- Digital tone of voice and how it distinguishes brands
- Digital writing skills and how to develop them
- Conversational categories and how to prioritise them
- Governing principles in relation to social media, live chat and email
- Time management in terms of answering client and why this is linked to productivity
Our approach encouraged each CRC to retain a sense of its own cultural identity whilst being part of a global brand.